My husband jokes with me that if I were to create an epic movie, it would last about ten minutes after I had streamlined it, and edited it to death. Being able to see the big picture in business as well as the movies, I feel confident in saying that one important endeavor into “Making America Great Again” is that the ENTIRE “law of the land” must be whittled down into something the average American adult can understand. American citizens have proven their consciences are in good working order; as evidenced by 95% of America’s population do not break laws (1) – making them the all-important “self-governing citizens” ideal our founders believed could exist.
What we see on contemporary television, and movies, that often gives Americans a bad rap, is not a true picture of the real America. Sadly, there is a minority of the American population – a bag of tricks – of the rich, the famous, the thespians (and those of lesser abilities), the singers, the notorious no talents, the ghetto pimps (claiming to be preachers), the uber-athletic, and the political, who appear to live by some upside-down beliefs / rules / laws that they promote to the world. In that Bizarro-World they live in, right is often wrong, and wrong is often right. These people are the role models our children, and grandchildren are exposed to. This American false veneer of society reminds me of Bizarro-World from our childhood comic books. The enemy within has been very engaged in portraying these people as normal, while plying their socialist influence, as they are ever-chipping away at our Republic through much bad, destructive or useless laws.
The world seems to have begun the fight of all time. Broken down to the most common denominators of culture and education, this fight is absolutely a war of two religions / faiths / economies . . . of good and evil. Many titles can be given, but the division between the Real-America and the Veneer-America is the difference between a culture of life, and a culture of death. We each make a choice with our eyes wide open.
Because case law has taken on a form of judges each “discovering the right result” (2) in an atmosphere of “democracy,” equal justice under the law has become impossible. An identical court case in two different jurisdictions could have different results, and either conclusion might not be constitutionally correct. This is an excellent reason for a complete revamping of our laws in a format that all High School Graduates not only understand, but leave school with their own copy of the law.
We do not need for Congress to pass hundreds of laws every year. The more ways that you describe right and wrong – thieving and murdering – the more opportunity for lawyers to let bad people run the streets, and good people go to prison. The laws we have should be easy to understand; should each be written involving only one subject; and should be written with the support of “We the People.” At the time of voting for Obamacare, 59% of “We the People” were against it. They were clearly not doing “The Peoples” business when they made it law. The balances of justice have been off kilter for a long time. TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, the Scales of Justice must be re-balanced.
I have a direct life-line to my Creator. Because of this, I can see that LAWS ARE WRITTEN TO CONDEMN. The more laws, the more condemnation for the sake of condemnation. There are so many laws, that any government could pick you up, charge you with something ridiculous, and you would be forced to go through a flawed system which may or may not get the verdict right. Look no further than the law-suit over hot coffee to see that I am right. Our court systems have become a crap shoot. (Outcome based on the unpredictable roll of dice.)
IF I WERE CHARGED WITH MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN I WOULD RETURN THE USA TO OUR (JUDEO / CHRISTIAN BASED) CONSTITUTIONAL LAW.
I might have each state send a team of 30 citizens, capable of LAW SCRAPPING, that would have in its mix any of the following career classifications:
– Accountants with a minimum of 20 years-experience as an accountant;
– Business managers with a minimum of 20 years-experience as a corporate business manager;
– Small business owners with a minimum of 20 years-experience as a small business owner (1M or
– Medium business owners with a min. of 20 years-experience as a med. Business owner (2M – 20M/yr.);
– Housewives with 3 or more children (children and step children) with a minimum of 5 years-experience;
– Chemical plant operators with a minimum of 15 years-experience as a Chemical Plant Operator;
– High school coaches with a minimum of 20 years-experience as a high school coach;
– History teachers with a minimum of 20 years-experience teaching American History;
– Professional umpires with a minimum of 20 years-experience as a Professional Umpire;
– Retail store managers with a minimum of 20 years-experience managing retail stores;
– Farmers with a minimum of 20 years-experience farming;
– and Police Officers with a minimum of 20 years-experience as a Police Officer.
All would meet in one location to investigate all federal laws for a few criteria with the expressed goal of scrapping every one possible, effective January 1, 2019. I guess you noticed absolutely no lawyers, no movie stars, or professional politicians allowed in our group of law scrappers. Period. Criteria:
1.) If history has changed the law’s meaning, or it is obsolete – it is time to give the law a scrapping funeral.
I.e. We no longer need a law for a servant to precede the carriage by 20 paces while carrying a lantern.
2.) If the law is un-Constitutional, and therefore cannot be a law, it must be scrapped.
I.e. There is a ruling for law, and the basis for the law is found nowhere in the Constitution.
3. There is no separation of church and state in the Constitution. To read the proof of this, please read my commentary on Mr. Jefferson’s Letters which can be found here: http://www.webcommentary.com/php/ShowArticle.php?id=hwaltersj&date=120810
4.) The law is redundant, and should never have been written, it must be scrapped.
5.) The law has impact on more than two topics; it is useless to the common man and it must be scrapped.
6.) If the law is one that the states are supposed to have control over; it must be scrapped.
7. All laws are written for all citizens in equality with no distinctions (I.e. Race, Sex), (for example: statutory rape is rape no matter which sex the victim is).
8. If fifty people on the committee cannot understand what the law is, it must be scrapped.
9.) If the law is Constitutional, and does not fit into the 1 – 8 descriptions above, then tell us why it should still be a law. These are the ones we should be keeping.
The special team could be called ‘America’s Law Scrapping Team’, and would be classifying the laws that are left into the 51 U.S. Title Codes – or less categories. What is left cannot be a book larger than what one high school senior can learn in a one year class entitled “Federal Laws, What Every Citizen Must Know.” We need for every child in our country to learn the laws that he/she are expected to live by.
How can we live in a Republic, and keep the peace, if the citizens do not know the Laws? By the same token, there must be a chapter in the book on the Bill of Rights, so our young adults understand them. There should be a further explanation in the difference between rights and privileges. For example, your driver’s license is a privilege.
If the laws cannot fit into a 600-page book, they will be further reduced / streamlined by those who will be on the Law Streamlining Team. Each Law Scrapping Teams will select ten members to be on a secondary team for streamlining. This team will look at laws that are good, but need to be combined with all other laws on the same subject matter for streamlining, and providing a law that is the same without a ton of duplication and useless posturing.
PART TWO COMING IN A COUPLE OF DAYS.
- (1) Politifact correcting Dan Patrick article 9/2/15 from 15% to 5%
- (2) First Things, Common Law and Constitutional Law by William J. Haun 12/15/12